Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My First Hydrangea


This is the way I really like to shoot photos. This photo is SOOC (straight out of the camera) - no cropping, no color correction, I didn't mess with the contrast, just resized it from 3.6MB to 228KB so it would load easier. Of course my "photo editing" consists of MS Picture Editor which is kind of a joke - but suits me just fine.

This is a Hydrangea in front of my parents house. I spoke of them HERE. And here it is all dead and cool looking in the late afternoon winter light. This seems to be a different variety than the ones here on the West Coast.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I love that about your photos, untouched. I appreciate those who really know how to use photoshop.. lord knows I've tried and failed. But sometimes I think we're loosing the art of using the camera to create the look we want.

monstergirlee said...

Thank you Autumn. There is an art to photoshop too, I think it pays to know both ways.
But yeah, SOOC for me as much as I can.