Monday, November 17, 2008

Greeblepix! YAY



Greeblepix! Another entry for me Aimee at greeblemonkey's photo contest.OK, so I've posted this photo before but I really like it, and hope you do to.


And oddly enough, I am grateful for spiders (when they're OUTside) because they keep the flying insect population down, and because my son knows I like to photograph them- he calls out to me whenever he sees a good one. Or this morning he spotted two webs with dew on them, quite lovely they were.

Check out other other entries here.
Enjoy!

9 comments:

AMB said...

Great picture! Any idea what kind of spider this is? I've got one on my blog too! (it was living on my deck earlier this year).

monstergirlee said...

No, actually I do not. I never really knew what they looked like until I took this picture. I should look it up.

Madame Meow said...

Wow! Beautiful picture! Make sure you check out bugguide.net for help with ID.

~Sheryl said...

Ick factor aside, it's a great pic. I think the body looks like a witchdoctor mask.

Good luck. I'm still deciding on my pic for the month.

miznyc said...

I love spiders because they eat mosquitoes. Mosquitoes tend to eat me alive. Yay for spiders! Great shot.

merrymishaps said...

Great shot!
I made a few attempts at spider photos a couple months ago. They're so creepy, yet also fascinating!

g-man said...

Vert cool. I have his cousin living under our garage light.

Missy said...

Love it even though I'm not a fan of spiders. I only like daddy longlegs and I will usually keep them around.
What a beautiful shot though :)

Laura said...

i'm no fan of spiders but this is an amazing shot of Miss Spider and her web.
thanks for checking out my pic for this month too.