Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flash vs. No Flash (inspired by Dr Cason)


You can totally see which one is flash vs. no flash. Using a tripod this time.
I did take both photos in color so they've been converted to Black and White, but other than correcting for whiteness using the same spot on both photos (and over looking how icky I look in the second one) I just love the contrast between the two pictures. One you can see how dark it was getting, the other looks more like what you see with the naked eye.
Anyway, just wanted to share. And to thanks Sheila who inspired me for this post.

7 comments:

Jenners said...

Wow -- such a HUGE difference. And you are totally cute!

Anonymous said...

No flash, always!

Autumn said...

Wow what an awesome difference! Very cool experiment. You look great in both pics BTW.

monstergirlee said...

Thanks you guys.
And I swear those pictures were taken about 3 minutes apart - I just love what a huge difference it makes.
I am really trying to stay away from the flash for right now - at least with the time change the light is better to work with.

Una said...

Great photos. It's fun to have some of you to look at!

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

I'm a HUGE fan of the no flash! I just love the shadows and texture that otherwise gets washed out.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love black and white photography.