Monday, January 19, 2009

Greeblemonkey January Entry - Inspired by my Dad


Talk about inspired! This is a picture of my fathers hand, one of the two people (the other being my Mom) in this world who have inspired me and motivated me and helped provide me with the foundation of Who I Am Today. Everyday I am thankful for my parents.
And this photo is representative of that. My Dad being who he is, stuck his hand in while I was taking this picture. The cool thing is it shows his stubby finger, which is something I'll remember forever, but I've never seen a photo of it. Click on the photo for a larger look.
This is my entry for awesome Aimee's January greeblepix contest - go check out the other entries here.

12 comments:

Autumn said...

I love this shot. You can tell a lot about a preson by looking at their hands. Good luck in the contest.

carrie said...

Gorgeous! I can see why that fits into the theme!

Anonymous said...

Great photo and with such a deep meaning for you.

Michelle Leigh said...

What a phenomenal shot! Great work! Are you from the MPLS area? I'm Michelle from over at Say Pickle! Nice to meet you and thanks for your comment!

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Great shot!

Desiree Eaglin said...

i love it!

~Sheryl said...

Great shot! Truly a picture that captures a great memory... an emotion... and really, isn't that why we do this?

g-man said...

Very cool shot.

Anonymous said...

Photos with meaning, like this one, are just the best!

Tami said...

I love this picture. Nothing like our parents to inspire us in life. So meaningful!

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

I also love this photo. What's the story behind the injury?

monstergirlee said...

Hi Sheila - he cut the tip of his finger off when he was in high school maybe? Somwhere in his lat teens or early twenties. He cut it off with a table saw at kind of an angle, and the doctor wrapped the remaining skin over the top and sewed it on. The two dots are part of the nail bed, and his fingerprint goes up over the top too.